How To Find The Museum Of Science & Industry, Manchester:
By Metroshuttle (Free City Centre Bus)
- Metroshuttle services 1 and 3 stop on Byrom Street, just 5 minutes’ walk away (3 stops at peak time only).
- Visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website for more information about the free bus service.
By Metrolink (Greater Manchester Tram Network)
- The nearest Metrolink stop is Deansgate–Castlefield, which is serviced by all trams except for Line C (Bury—Piccadilly).
- Deansgate–Castlefield tram stop is 10 minutes’ walk away.
Visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website for more information about the Metrolink tram service.
- You can lock up your bicycle on Lower Byrom Street just outside the main entrance.
- The museum is also a preferred pick-up/drop-off location for Mobikes.
- Visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website for more information about city centre cycle routes.
- The nearest railway station is Deansgate, which is 10 minutes’ walk away.
- We are 15 minutes’ walk away from Manchester Oxford Road station, 25 minutes’ walk away from Manchester Victoria station, and 30 minutes’ walk away from Manchester Piccadilly station.
- You can travel to Deansgate station on the train from Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Oxford Road railway stations.
- The free Metroshuttle bus service stops at all city centre railway stations. All 3 Metroshuttle services will bring you within 5 minutes’ walk of the museum.
- Visit the Transport for Greater Manchester website for more information about travelling by train to Manchester.
If you’re travelling into the city from the motorway, head towards the M60 ring road around Manchester, and look out for the brown tourist signs directing you to the Museum of Science and Industry. The postcode for your GPS satnav is M3 4FP.
- Park all day for £7 at the Park Avenue RCP car park (8 Albion Street M1 5LN) when you validate your ticket at the information desk.
- There are 3 accessible (disabled) parking spaces on Lower Byrom Street next to the main entrance, provided by Manchester City Council.